Preview: Chelsea vs Leicester City
Although they had a solid pre-season, things have not gone as smoothly as planned for Chelsea so far since the official season started. Frank Lampard's side have yet to win an official game, losing their Premier League opener to Manchester United 4-0 before being defeated in a penalty shoot-out by Liverpool in the European Super Cup by Liverpool earlier this week, and now they'll be hoping to get back to winning ways as they host Leicester City in their first home game of the season.
It will be an interesting encounter for Lampard, as he will take on a familiar foe. Leicester are now under the leadership of Brendan Rodgers, a face he will know quite well from his days as a player at Chelsea (and while Rodgers was manager of Liverpool). Just as the Blues lost a key player, Eden Hazard, during the summer transfer windows, the Foxes ended up losing star defender Harry Maguire in a big-money move to Manchester United, and like Chelsea, they, too, have a new man on the tactician's bench as they try to re-build and re-group.
However, they still have stars like Jamie Vardy up front leading the line, who has developed his reputation on scoring against the "big six". Will he strike once again to cause issues for a Chelsea side who has to mix youth team players in their starting XI due to the transfer ban?
Team news: Chelsea vs Leicester City
Chelsea: Andreas Christensen could miss this game after coming off injured during the team's loss to Liverpool midweek, but both Antonio Rudiger and Willian could make their returns after being out due to knee issues. Meanwhile, young attacker Callum Hudson-Odoi is still out due to an Achilles problem.
Leicester: Defender Filip Benkovic is out with an ankle issue.
Match facts and stats: Chelsea vs Leicester City
- Chelsea haven't lost their first two games at the start of a top-flight season since the 1973/74 season
- Frank Lampard is looking to avoid becoming only the second Chelsea manager to lose his first two Premier League games in charge...
- ...the last to do so was Gianluca Vialli, in 1993
- Leicester are looking to win consecutive away league matches against Chelsea for the first time since October 1961
- Chelsea's 0-1 home defeat to Leicester in the Premier League last season was only their second against the Foxes in 13 matches...
- ....and their first since September 2000
- Chelsea have won their opening home league match of the season in 14 of the last 16 seasons (W14 D1 L1)
- Leicester forward Jamie Vardy has scored 12 away Premier League goals against the 'big six' since the 2014/2015 season. That's three more than any other player.
Where to watch Chelsea vs Leicester City
In the USA, catch Chelsea vs Leicester City on NBC Sports Live Extra App, NBCSports.com, SiriusXM FC, NBCSN, Telemundo Deportes En Vivo, and Telemundo.
Can't make it to Stamford Bridge? Fans in the UK can watch the game on BBC Radio 5 Live, Sky Sports Premier League, BBC Radio, Sky Sports Main Event, and SKY GO Extra.
Live elsewhere? Here are your options to watch Chelsea vs Leicester City:
Chelsea vs Leicester City Broadcast Information
Stadium: Stamford Bridge (London)
France: Canal+ France, RMC Sport en direct, RMC Sport 1
Germany: Sky Sport 1 HD, Sky Sport UHD, Sky Go
India: Hotstar VIP, Star Sports Select 1, Star Sports Select HD1
Indonesia: Mola TV
Malaysia: Astro Go, Astro SuperSport 3
Netherlands: Ziggo Sport Select, Ziggo Sport 14
Nigeria: Canal+ Sport 2 Afrique, SuperSport 3 Africa
Portugal: Sport TV2
Spain: DAZN Spain
Turkey: S Sport+, S Sport, Idman TV, Digiturk Play
United Kingdom: Sky Sports Premier League, Sky Sports Main Event, BBC Radio 5 Live, Sky Go UK, BBC Radio, NOW TV, SKY GO Extra
United States: NBCSports.com, SiriusXM FC, NBCSN, fuboTV, Telemundo Deportes En Vivo, Telemundo, NBC Sports Live Extra App